Thursday, October 22, 2009

How success is measured... in the lives that you touch

My mother in law passed away last Saturday night. I knew her, but not as well as I should have. Over the last week we have been planning a service and I have been coordinating getting the message out. I have learned that Karen touched the lives of many people through teaching.

I have read letter after letter of testimonials to how Karen changed the lives of many people of all ages. My wife and I are getting to see a side of her that we never knew about. We are so very proud to have known her.

After spending the last month with her circle of friends, it is clear that they just loved having her around them. She helped soften the rough edges of everyone's personality and changed the people that were around her.

She will be sorely missed.

http://www.star-telegram.com/obituaries/story/1703355.html

No comments: